Careers with Snowcentre Newmarket
Do you have a passion for skiing or snowboarding? Do you want to work in the snow industry? Join the Snowcentre team of experts in our Auckland store.
Snowcentre is the leading and largest Snow Sports Retailer in New Zealand. Our Snowcentre Newmarket (Auckland) store is open 7 days, year round and stocks top brands with the most extensive range of snow equipment in NZ.
We are a fun and professional company who treat our customers like family. We are looking for people who want to deliver the highest level of customer service and technical advice to our customers.
We are currently welcoming job applications in Auckland. All applicants must have eligibility to work in NZ and be fluent in English.
- Ski / Snowboard Sales Assistant: required to join our fun, passionate team. We serve a large number of customers with a variety of snow sport abilities. You will need to have at least two years’ professional experience selling skis, snowboards and snowboard boots in a retail environment and be a competent sales person with excellent customer service skills. Additional training is available. This position can be part time or full time.
- Ski Boot Fitter: You will need to have at least two years ski and snowboard boot fitting experience in a retail environment, and be competent selling ski and snowboard hardware and accessories.
- Ski Workshop Technicians: You will need to have at least two years’ practical experience. You may also be required to assist with customer enquiries on the shop floor. Training on our machines and equipment will be provided.
- Customer Service/Retail Sales: We require an organised, confident sales staff member to work selling clothing and accessories. You must have previous retail sales experience and preferably a skier or snowboarder.
Please email your application to email@example.com with you a cover letter stating which role you are applying for.
WORKSHOP TRAINING COURSES
At Snowcentre we believe that sharing our knowledge and passion is what makes us different. We offer a range of clinics and courses from ski maintenance at home through to becoming a professional ski technician. For more information or to book a course please email firstname.lastname@example.org
FREE Tuning Clinics:
This is an introduction to understanding and maintaining your snow equipment. Hosted by our Workshop Manager and his team. Enjoy discounts on wax and tuning tools on the night of the clinic. Please email email@example.com to book, as numbers are limited.
6:00pm to 7:30pm.
- 2019 dates to be confirmed
Snow Workshop Technician Courses
This is an in depth three week course designed as an introduction to becoming a professional Ski Technician. Includes practical knowledge of ski and board construction, using ski tuning machinery, ski technology and binding mechanics. Excludes race tunes.
Hosted by our Workshop Technician.
- Monday 12th November- Friday 30th November 2018, 10am - 3pm.
- Monday 3rd December to Friday 22nd December 2018, 10am - 3pm.
Advanced Ski Technicians Course
Hosted by Diego De Monte (ex-technician for Italian Women's Ski Team)
Participants must have completed a basic workshop course or worked in a workshop for a season. Focuses on race specific workshop skills and techniques.
Contact us for course dates.
Cost is $650
Snowcentre Boot Fitting Course
Hosted by Bradley Marshall, one of our internationally experienced boot fitter.
This course is designed to train candidates on the technical aspects of boot fitting and provide industry training for those wishing to pursue a career in snow sports retail.
- Monday 26th November- Friday 30th November 2018, 10am - 3pm.
- Monday 3rd December- Friday 7th December 2018, 10am - 3pm.
Cost is $650