Careers with Snowcentre Newmarket
Do you have a passion for skiing or snowboarding? Do you want to work in the snow industry? Join our Snowcentre team of experts in our Auckland store for the coming snow season.
Snowcentre is the leading and largest Snow Sports Retailer in New Zealand. Our Snowcentre Newmarket (Auckland) store is open 7 days, year round and stocks top brands with the most extensive range of snow equipment in NZ.
We are a fun and professional company who treat our staff like family. We are looking for people who want to deliver the highest level of customer service and technical advice to our customers.
We are currently welcoming job applications in Auckland for the snow season. All applicants must have eligibility to work in NZ and must be fluent in English.
- Snowboard Sales Assistant: required to join our fun, passionate team to work on our busy sales floor. We serve a large number of customers with a variety of snowboarding abilities. You will need to have at least two years’ professional experience selling snowboards and snowboard boots in the snow industry and be a competent sales person with excellent customer service skills . Additional training is available. This position can be part time or full time.
- Ski Boot Fitter: required to work on our busy shop floor. You will need to have at least 2 years ski and snowboard boot fitting experience in a retail environment, and be competent selling ski and snowboard hardware, as well as snow soft goods.
- Ski Workshop Technicians: with at least 2 years’ experience needed. You may also be required to assist with customers on the shop floor. Training will be provided.
- Customer Service/Retail Sales: We require an organised, confident sales staff member to work selling clothing and accessories. You must be a skier or snowboarder and have previous retail sales experience.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter stating which role you are applying for.
Workshop Training Courses
At Snowcentre we believe that sharing our knowledge and passion is what makes us different. We offer a range of clinics and courses from ski maintenance at home through to becoming a professional ski technician. For more information or to book a course please email email@example.com
FREE Tuning Clinics:
This is an introduction to understanding and maintaining your snow equipment. Hosted by our Workshop Manager and his team. Enjoy discounts on wax and tuning tools on the night of the clinic. Snacks and drinks provided. Please email to book as numbers are limited.
6:00pm to 7:30pm.
- Tuesday 12th June 2018
- Tuesday 3rd July 2018
- Tuesday 7th August 2018
- Tuesday 4th September 2018
Snow Workshop Technician Courses
This is an in depth three week course designed as an introduction to becoming a professional Ski Technician. Includes practical knowledge of ski and board construction, using ski tuning machinery, ski technology and binding mechanics.
Hosted by our Workshop Technician
- Monday 29th October to Friday 16 November 2018, 10am - 3pm.
- Monday 3rd December to Friday 22nd December 2018, 10am - 3pm.
- Monday 14th January 2019 to Friday 1st February 2019, 10am - 3pm.
- Monday 25th February 2019 to Friday 15th March 2019, 10am - 3pm.
Advanced Ski Technicians Course
Hosted by Diego De Monte (ex-technician for Italian Women's Ski Team)
Participants must have completed a basic workshop course or worked in a workshop for a season.
Monday 15th October to Friday 19 October 2018, 10am - 3pm.
Cost is $650