Patagonia Power Bowl Wmns Jacket
For season long comfort, the Powder Bowl Jacket by PATAGONIA is built with a tough 2-layer Gore-Tex® fabric for durably waterproof, breathable and windproof protection.
Imagination, a shred of finesse and a willingness to let go will see you through many dicey moments - your passion to ride will get you through the rest. Built for freedom, spontaneity and never standing still, the W Powder Bowl Jacket by PATAGONIA is the most versatile hard shell for riding the frontside steeps or hitting the backcountry’s promise in any condition.
It features a tough, 2-layer Gore-Tex® fabric for durably waterproof, breathable and windproof storm performance. A DWR (durable water repellent) finish increases wet-weather protection by sloughing saturated snow and icy rain.
The torso has a brushed polyester mesh interior to wick moisture, while slick mesh in the arms glides smoothly over underlayers. The removable, 2-way-adjustable, helmet-compatible hood includes a laminated visor for optimal visibility in blowing snow. Inside, a fully featured powder skirt (with webbing loop that attaches to any PATAGONIA Snow pants) seals out spindrift and cold air and low-profile pit zips release heat when you’re steaming on long climbs.
Other details of the W Powder Bowl Jacket by PATAGONIA include coated, watertight Slim Zips, cord-lock adjustments at the hood and hem, an embedded Recco® avalanche rescue reflector and a highly articulated fit for dynamic motion.
- Tough 2-layer polyester Gore-Tex® fabric for durably waterproof/breathable and windproof protection, mesh lining wicks away moisture
- Removable, helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable hood with laminated visor for optimal visibility in bad conditions, tall collar protects neck and face even with hood down
- Drawcord on hem exits into handwarmers for easy adjustment
- Watertight coated zippers with Slim Zip installation reduce bulk and weight, pit zips quickly release heat, low-profile cuff with pleated gusset secures over or under gloves
- Lightweight stretch woven powder skirt with webbing loop at center back connects to any PATAGONIA Snow pants
- Zippered pockets: two handwarmers, one chest with secure media pocket with cable routing, one forearm, one interior drop-in, and one interior zippered pocket with key clip
- Integrated Recco® reflector
- Weight: 814 g (28.7 oz)
In 1993, PATAGONIA adopted fleece into the product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. PATAGONIA was the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR™ clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, PATAGONIA is able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. PATAGONIA now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens the dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
Material specifications for Patagonia POWDER BOWL JACKET
- Shell: 2-layer 100% recyceled polyester Gore-Tex® fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Lining torso: 100% brushed polyester mesh
- Lining sleeves: 100% polyester mesh
- Powder skirt: 50-denier 100% polyester taffeta
- Fabric is bluesign® approved
- Material characteristics: breathable, waterproof, windproof
- Material outer fabric: 100% recyceled Polyester
- Outer fabric: 2L Gore-Tex®